INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERSTISEMENT
PARTICIPATION INITIATIVE FOR BEHAVIORAL CHANGE IN DEVELOPMENT
Kogi Partnership Against Poverty (KPAP) now registered as Participation Initiative for Behavioral Change in Development (PIBCID) is a non-government Organization registered as Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC 391498). Since 2009, PIBCID has been working in partnership with women, men, children, youth, Civil Society Organizations/groups and government at all levels to address the underlying causes of poverty in resource marginalized and derelict communities. PIBCID, empowers the poor through capacity building on gender, good governance, child rights,
humanitarian services and human rights concerns in the community. We provide good understanding of rights and how citizens can advocate for their rights from relevant Government Agencies. PIBCID identifies innate skills among members of the community and is engaged in
sustaining those skills by encouraging the different segments of the community to master the positive skills and pass it forward. At the core of our work is “modifying behavior for positive change”.
PIBCID, implements programmes, projects and activities in the areas of Food, Agriculture/Livelihood, Health, Education, Women’s Right, Good Governance, Child Rights, and Humanitarian Services in Conflict and Emergency through capacity building, advocacy and influencing policy changes, using the Human Right Based approach and service modeling projects to conduct empowerment and campaign. PIBCID works with the poor and oppressed in over 20 communities which include: Adavi LGA-
Atami, Iresuare, Irewagere, Osaragada, Osara, Iruovochinomi, Ege, Aku and Osisi communities in Adavil Local Government area of the State, Igalamela/Odolu LGA-Apata, Ajodawn, Ihiame, Egbahime, Ofuloko, Okpapata, Ujagba, Ayah, Ogbogba, Ugbedomagu and Ofu LGA-Okpeji, Ojo,
Ajoh-Ate and Ajoh-Ogane. These communities cut across the Central and Eastern Senatorial districts of Kogi State.
PIBCID is inviting applications from qualified candidate to fill the position of EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (1 NO) within the organization, Location – Lokoja, Kogi State:
The Executive Director is the key management leader of PIBCID and is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, consulting and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
1. Report and works closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization.
2. Supervise and collaborate with the organization staff.
3. Strategic planning and implementation.
4. Planning, Preparation and operation of budget.
5. Serve as PIBCID primary spokesperson to organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
6. Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance PIBCID’s mission.
7. Engage in fundraising and developing other revenues
8. Oversee all communications efforts.
9. Oversee organization Board and Committee meetings.
10. Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the organization.
11. Review and approve contracts for services.
12. Other duties as assigned by the Board of directors.
1. A Bachelor’s Degree
2. Transparent and High integrity Leadership.
3. Four or more years senior non-profit management experience.
4. Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors.
5. High level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to communicate the organization’s strategic future to the staff, Board, Volunteers and Donors.
6. Active fundraising experience.
7. Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
8. Strong written and oral communication skills.
9. Strong public speaking ability.
10. Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
11. Computer Literacy
12. Ability to provide practical solutions within set deadlines.
13. Ability to maintain donor relationship and accountability in line with funding policies and standards.
14. Excellent skills to motivate and inspire a functional team will be essential.
15. Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
16. Negotiation skills.
To apply, kindly complete the application form accessed from www.pibcid.org.
Application form should be sent in an MSWord attachment to vacancy firstname.lastname@example.org. (Click this Link) Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Submitted CVs will be disregarded.
Only applications sent electronically (i.e by email) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
PIBCID offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from qualified women are particularly encouraged.
Closing date is 24 th of January, 2020. While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.