Kogi Partnership Against Poverty (KPAP) now registered as Participation Initiative for Behavioral Change in Development (PIBCID) is a non-government Organization registered as Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC 391498). Since 2009, PIBCID has been working in partnership with women, men, children, youth, Civil Society Organizations/groups and government at all levels to address the underlying causes of poverty in resource marginalized and derelict communities.
PIBCID is inviting applications from qualified candidate to fill the position of SENIOR PROGRAM OFFICER (1 NO) within the organization, Location – Lokoja, Kogi State:
Roles: The Senior Program Officer will support Participation Initiative for Behavioral Change in Development (PIBCID) to deliver on the core objectives of an ActionAid Nigeria funded project “System and Structure Strengthening Approach against Radicalization to Violent Extremism (SARVE II) Project in Kogi State Nigeria through the Human Right Based Approach (HRBA) to development. The Ideal candidate will be resident in Lokoja, Kogi State, and have the professional capacity to engage vulnerable communities to build resilience to mitigate radicalization and extremism.
Person Specifications Education/Qualifications
- First degree in Social sciences or Arts/humanities is essential
- Master’s degree in relevant field is essential
- At least 4 years work experience, 2 of which must be in a similar role in the development sector is essential
- Experience of working with communities in conflict
- Experience with governance programs or good understanding of Nigeria’s governance context is essential
- Experience in community mobilization using tool such as participatory Rural Appraisal (PRA) and Participatory Vulnerability Analysis (PVA)
- Two (2) years Management and administrative experience.
- Proficiency in the use of Computers and social media platforms
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to influence and encourage others to new concepts and ways of working within an environment of change
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Excellent Skills in Management Information Systems
- Demonstrable IT skills
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation skills
To apply, kindly send in a well written application (cover letter) and CV in MSWord attachment to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org. Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Submitted CVs will be disregarded.
Only applications sent electronically (i.e by email) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
PIBCID offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from qualified women are particularly encouraged. Closing date is 25th March 2020. While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.
Job Title: Senior Programme Officer
Reporting to: Executive Director (ED)
Line Management: None
1.0 Job Purpose
The Senior Program Officer will support Participation Initiative for Behavioral Change in Development (PIBCID) to deliver on the core objectives of an ActionAid Nigeria funded project “System and Structure Strengthening Approach against Radicalization to Violent Extremism (SARVE II) Project in Kogi State Nigeria through the Human Right Based Approach (HRBA) to development. The Ideal candidate will be resident in Lokoja, Kogi State, and have the professional capacity to engage vulnerable communities to build resilience to mitigate radicalization and extremism. S/he will report directly to the ED.
2.0 Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Program and Communication:
- Ensure participation and involvement of all stakeholders in the implementation of System and Structure Strengthening Approach Against Radicalization to Violent Extremism Project Programs at the various levels.
- Support capacity building and nurturing of local structures and the people themselves to continuously analyze their situation, identify workable actions and have skills to take the needed action which may often include engaging duty bearers to ensure equity in the allocation of resources.
- Support communities in implementation of the various initiatives to be carried out under the project.
- Support communities to develop proper baseline and monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Support communities for effective advocacy to stakeholders identified
- Ensure that all projects communities employ Right Based Approach on the implementation of their work.
- Support for community facilitators on community issues identified.
- Representing the PIBCID at conferences, seminars and other events as necessary.
- Ensure community compliance with all relevant policies of Government at all levels.
- Ensure narrative reports of programs implemented are submitted not later than 10 days after expiration of the grant period.
- Produce budget for events and assist in the development of the programs budgets and plans.
- Work with the finance officer to monitor program budget utilizations.
- Provide support to the finance officer in reviewing financial reports of partners in order to facilitate the release of tranches for program implementation.
- Any other duties as assigned by the line manager.
- A Bachelor’s Degree; Master degree strongly preferred
- Three to five years’ experience, some portion in non-profit/security sector required
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills: proven ability to be flexible in a team-oriented approach with diverse group of people
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of program monitoring, evaluation and communicative impact
- Excellent planning, organizational, multi-task and time management skills
- Computer literate; experience working with Microsoft word, Excel, and Power Point strongly preferred
- Transparent and High integrity Leadership.
- Active fundraising experience.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
- Ability to provide practical solutions within set deadlines.
- Excellent skills to motivate and inspire a functional team will be essential.
- Negotiation skills.
|Education/Qualifications||Bachelor’s degree in Conflict & Peace Studies, social sciences or arts/humanities||Masters’ degree in a relevant fieldMembership of relevant professional Institute|
|Experience||At least four (4) years post NYSC experience two (2) years’ experience in a similar position in the development sector preferably in community based work.Experience of working with communities in conflictExperience in organisational capacity development especially public sector institutions.||Experience in media relations|
|Skill Abilities||Strong communication and writing skillsAbility to provide practical solutions within set deadlines.Ability to maintain donor relationship and accountability in line with funding policies and standards.Excellent skills to motivate and inspire a functional team will be essentialStrong analytical/problem solving skills. Multi-tasking skillsNegotiation skillsExcellent planning and prioritization skillsAbility to manage conflictAbility to motivate others to engageGroup facilitation skillsAbility to build and maintain community relationships||Highly numerateExcellent Skills in Programme Information ManagementMobilisation skillsStrong community engagement skills|
|Personal Qualities||A person of integrity, creative and takes initiative, Able to work effectively in a diverse team environmentWilling to work additional hours at crucial times.A self motivated person able to work without close supervision||Able to effectively promote PIBCID’s mission, values, and objectivesProven Leadership Qualities|
Signed by: _______________________________________________
Senior Programme Officer
Signed by: _______________________________________________